Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The cheapest therapy...

One day while Kara & I were canning, conversation turned to The Office. I told her I couldn't wait for Season 7 to come out because I was in desprete need of "new material."
She looked at me and said, "Em, it's out!"
"Shut up" I squealed. "I've been meaning to check online for the release date, I just never have!"
"Yeah, it's out, we just bought it (but then returned it because she has a way better consious than I do!)It was $ 39.99."
I ran to the computer, hopped on Ebay, found a new one for $ 24.24 which included shipping and bought it that second without hesitating, (and no, I didn't order it from China again, although I could have saved $ 4.00 by doing so- but the lingering smell of noodles that incased my boxed set was so unsettling to me last time I opted for the sold-in-the-USA version this round.)
I knew 24 bucks was a small price for the months of relief it was about to bring into my life (and I missed a Dr app and had the $)
It arrived a few days later and I'm on Round # 3 of watching the entire Season already. Yeah, I know I have issues & yeah I know there are 24 episodes plus bonus footage that I have induldged in for hours for the third time- but I simply adore it. When the day has been incredibly long, the kids especially difficult, when dinner hasn't turned out and the laundry seemed to explode throughout the day- I know that after the kids are asleep and my chores are done- I will have sweet, sweet relief when I see Dwight's handsome face staring back at me!

No comments: