Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rehersal dinner, pedicures & Bingo...






My Mother wins the: MOST- AMAZING- WOMAN -ON- THE- PLANET AWARD!!! I adore her, admire her, and hope to become like her. She has been SOOOOO busy the past few months hosting, planning and preparing for about 50 thousand different events, and I have heard the exaustion in her voice every time we've spoken. Even from hundreds of miles away I could tell she was over doing, over planning & over stressing about every detail. She would tell me about the 25 pounds of hamburger she had browed and then put in the freezer, or about the deserts for a party or the things still had left on her list and I would hang up and just smile- that's my Mama, always wanting to make someone's moment special. She had a HUGE dinner to do for the rehersal and naturally it was perfect! People were taking plates of food home it was so good. Everyone was complementing her and she deserved it. She worked so hard and in all that work, hidden beneath pounds of lasgana, was her reason for doing it: She loved her Eli so much and wanted to show an ounce of it by doing something special for him/them. In addition to tons of parties, She also had an amazing turkey dinner another night when we were there and ribs another night and my homemade lemon squares made too! She doesn't know how to do anything half way, so it didn't surprise me, I'm just so thankful for her and everything she worked so hard to accomplish. (And now for my Grandparents 60th Anniversary party! You'll do it Mama!)

There is my borther Caleb holding Dexter, the dog.
And Mom & I had pedicures! Oh how I laughed...

No comments: