Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daisy is in T-ball!




A few months ago I was feeling like a REALLY terrible Mother because my kids wern't involved in anything. That's right- nothing, Zip. Zero. So when Annikan called and told me about T-ball coming up, and that it was only $ 25.00, I thought: I HAVE TO DO THIS! I have to have proof that I am OK as a Mom! So we signed her up and she's had 3 practices so far. The first one we missed because we were driving home from Seattle, the first one was a little funny because she had never really swung a bat, caught a ball or played any sport in her life, so after running like a fairy princess to first base, Trav & I knew we had to help her a little bit. I bought a mitt at a yard sale for .50 and opened up a T-ball set we had and off to the park we went yesterday to practice the basics. Let's just say that last night's practice was: MUCH BETTER! I was really proud of her for working so hard!
***Side note*** One of my biggest fears in the entire universe is head lice. Honestly, Satan himself invented it because it's the most horrid thing imaginable to me as a Mother. Seriously, I started praying 3 years ago when Tristin went into Kindergarten, that we would be spared. So anyway, my kids know NOT to put hats on at yard sales or thrift stores because of lice, so yesterday I was FREAKING OUT over the helmets they use because nobody sprayed them after the team before was done! I was so grossed out but I didn't have my Lysol on me and I was complaining about how discusting it was when all of a sudden we saw the coach put the helmet on Daisy's head and she said to her: "But I'll get head lice!!!" We busted up laughing and the coach told her:"NO you wont get lice." It was the funniest thing ever- seeing yourself in a 5 year old. Like Mother, like daughter!

2 comments:

Penny said...

If your daughter get's lice....it's not my fault!!

If you're really paranoid put about a teaspoon of tea tree oil in the shampoo and shake it up. You'll never get lice. They hate tea tree oil and it doesn't smell too much like dirt when you mix it with shampoo.

Oh, and I found you through Annikan's blog :)

Missy08 said...

that is funny that is how I am to