Friday, May 27, 2011

11 incredible years...

As I get older, it gets more difficult to remember things- but what I will never forget 12 years ago- was how a skinny guy from Conrad Montana, who just returned from Brazil- made me feel like I was something special.
He was so thoughtful, so nervous, so sweet, so willing to share his testimony, so thankful, so dang smart, and so accepting of my hippie clothes- painted rocks- goofy boots and too much jewerly.
from the very first day- travis has accepted me and never once in our entire 12 years- ever tired to change me. I adore that in him and I appriciate it more than he will ever know. In doing that- he gave me the freedom I had been craving my entire life- the freedom to be me. The real, crazy, messed up me. It didn't matter how he found me- covered in paint from a wild project, or in a dress ready to go to church, in a tub full of noodles or in a hospital bed ready to give birth.
No matter how skinny I was, or as unpleasnt looking now- he has loved me. Every single part of me. He has accepted purple toe nails, a major sugar addition, a frumpy,ginormous red bingo sweatshirt that is worn almost every night, lack of amazing dinners, late night donut runs, years and years worth of "great deals" & nightly doses of the Office- he had put up with a lot!
I am proud to be married to him because of the amazing man he is. he serves endlessly and it makes my heart smile. when there is a need, trav is there to help- he is incredible, hard working, really smart, and the best Papa in the world!
After all these years, I am so happy to be married to one of the greatest guys out there. Simply- it doesn't get much better. Happy Anniversary sweet heart!




No comments: