Monday, September 6, 2010

Picking Peaches...






Having Trav home on Saturday's is so weird! It's been years since we've done family things on Saturday, so we decided to go help at the orchard a few days ago. I was secretely hoping we would be able to purchase some as well, so I brought my check book saying a hundred prayers on the way that I'd be able to get some to can. We showed up at 12:19, to find out they stopped letting people pick at nooon, but they let us go anyway because they still had to pick up the huge crates that other people had already filled. We talked to the guy for awhile and he told us we could glean, for FREE! I was so thrilled. Trav picked for a hour 1/2 for the church, and the kids and I walked up and down the rows collecting the peaches that had fallen or had a few bruises. Either way, I was like a silly school girl skipping home from school (not really, because those buckets get super heavy!Especially when you have2 of them and your shoulders are already super sore.) But you get my drift. I was delighted! We came home and sorted through the super ripe ones, ready to can ones, and the not so ripe ones. Canning here we come!

No comments: