Monday, September 6, 2010

My crazy ears...

I have to thank my Dad for my super crazy sensative ears. I think I inherited them from him! I've had a problem with them half my life, but nothing I couldn't manage with Advil. They always feel plugged, ringing in them, somewhat sore, and occasionally they would get ultra sensative and throb and pulsate with any high pithced sound- like my alram clock. It has always driven me crazy, but I just lived with it. A few years ago I had my Dr check them and he said I had a lot of fluid behind them, he told me to take some allergy pills to dry them up- so I did.
For the past 2 weeks they have been the worst they've ever been. Any loud sound has just KILLED my ears and the pain in my jaw has been unbarable. I'm a HUGE fan of Advil, so I've been taking that 24 hours to help with the pain, but knowing my poor body has consumed more Advil than a girl should consume in her entire life, scared me too.
The kids have been told to be quiet for weeks, the wistling had to stop, Willow's crying was more than I could take,putting silverware away has been impossible and my darn jaw has hurt SO MUCH! It spread into my neck, shoulders and then of course my headaches have been terrible as well. I've wanted to rip my head off, and I knew I had to get in to have them checked because the throbbing needed to stop. Yesterday was that day. I had to go in and luckily I found out they weren't infected, just filled with massive fluid and unable to drain. There was some long medical name for it, but he perscribed a type of allergy medicine to help dry it up. I pray for relief! At least I know I'm not crazy. Maybe that explains why I can't go to movie theatres too- they are SOOOO loud, so my poor husband has had to go alone for years!

No comments: