Tuesday, April 13, 2010

When Audra comes to town....






One of my best friends, Audra, was in town last week and she and her 4 beautiful kids stoped by for the afternoon. It was WONDERFUL to sit and talk for hours and just watch the kids play together. It was great to catch up, to see how the kids had grown in such a short time, to laugh and just relax. Audra is such an amazing, talented, loving, sweet, thoughtful & giving person and I miss her like crazy everyday. I am grateful for our memories of painting bedrooms, having yard sales, going thrift store shopping, hanging out until 2:00 in the morning, our road trip to Seattle, pulling each other up a hundred times when we were falling apart,eating chocolate chip cookies, helping her wash her downstairs floor (one of us would spray, the other would mop- it was A LOT of floor)having Daisy's 1st birthday party at her house, trusting her with my babies, finding cute green polka dot blankets with her after Christmas (Which we both still have), visiting her 100 different houses, laughing, crying, helping and relying on each other for so long and on and on... I am gratful for our years of friendship and for having a safe place to turn when I need to. I love you Audra and I think of you everytime I turn on my kitchen light, wear the temple dress you gave me and wrap Willow in her adorable blanket. Thank you for being my wonderful friend over the years, I miss you sweet girl...

1 comment:

Audra said...

Thank You Emily...this post was so very sweet.