Monday, March 19, 2012

My Mama's hope chest...

I know I posted before- but when my Mom & step Dad bought a new house, they had to down size- BIG TIME! Lucky for me, I inherited a few of my long time treasures, like my Mom's hope chest that she's had for a zillion years! I grew up seeing this every day and it makes me miss my Mama every time I look at it in my house now.

I didn't want to hurt her feelings- but the brown and navy just wern't my thing- but I didn't want to alter it too much either and change it too drastically. I LOVE Home Fabrics and went Saturday to check out the fabric to recover the top. I was so happy when I found one of my favorite vintage- looking prints for $ 4.99 a yard! Sweet!

So here is my newest project- which I am thrilled to be doing instead of the car seat! (I did get the straps done though!)

Love you Mama. And thank you for trusting me with this special piece of furniture- one day the girls will fight over it, I'm sure!


3 comments:

huesphotography said...

That is going to be so pretty!

Chelsea and Shane said...

Again, I love the fabric that you picked out!!! Where are you going to put that treasure?

Amber said...

I love the fabric!! So cool.