Monday, March 19, 2012

The car seat...

Another confession: I love to sew, but I really have no clue what I'm doing. And lets just admit, when you have no clue what you're doing- you have no business trying to make a new car seat cover. This is what we get folks- I'm tired of this beast and besides the strap holes- I'm calling it quits. The fabric is cute enough to cover my 10,ooo mistakes, so I'm really not caring anymore.

Before Willow was born, I made the girly cover for the car seat- but I couldn't keep it for the little man- so I took the plunge and decided to try again. Praying all the way-I pulled out my seam ripper and went to town taking the old one apart to use as my pattern. Let's just say 12 pieces, and not a clue- doesn't add up to pretty!

But again, oh well!I picked up the head rest at a yard sale for .25 and it's a nice one- but it has pink on it- so I'm looking at another impossible piece to try to cover. I told my MIL I would be over for some button hole lessons and recovering help! Wish me luck!



3 comments:

jayna said...

It looks awesome! I like that fabric!

Chelsea and Shane said...

I think it turned out awesome. I love the fabric that you picked out!!! I wish I was there to celebrate!

Amber said...

Looks awesome! I hate making car seat covers. So way to go :)