Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby Names...

I think people should zip their lips when it comes to parents picking baby names. It's just rude for strangers at the super market to go on about how they dislike your choice, or for your family or friends to go on about how silly it sounds or how they will probably be made fun of at school- besides, it's your kid, right???
(not that any of these things have happened so far...)

So, I'm spilling the beans on our baby name, because I am incapable of keeping baby secrets- go ahead and love it or hate it- just know we like it!

If it would have been a girl, my choices were:

Ruby
Scarlett
Hazel
Sailor
Raven (this has been on my girl list as long as Daisy & Willow. I always wanted a bird name too!)

My boy choices were:

Lincoln
Sparrow (another bird... I'm a hippie at heart I tell you!)
Finley
Hudson
Owen
Roman
Leighton
Brolin
Rennon

So... because we are having a boy, and Trav has only named 1 of our children- I thought I would lean his direction and be a nice wife for once. he brought up Roman when we were pregnant with Willow and I liked it, but then she turned out to be a girl- so I got my way and named her.

This time he brought it up again and it stuck, until Lincoln came up. We live next to that road, so I saw the sign all the time and loved it- but Trav didn't. I was bummed because I could just picture a little blond boy running around (Tristin was super blond when he was little so I just imagined his brother looking similure.)

Then, the past month or 2, Trav started REALLY liking the name Dane, but I just wasn't feeling it. He kept talking about it and I just kept shaking my head inside thinking: I'm not crazy about it, and what happened to Roman?

Anyway, when he brought up Roman Dane- I said, "Yes. Lets do it."

So, little Roman it is!

5 comments:

jayna said...

I like it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE roman! We have one in our ward and he's just the cutest little guy ever! Great choice, he will love his name!

Amber said...

LOVE IT!!! seriously cute! my brother's name is Daine-- so it holds a special place in my heart.

Jana said...

I really like it! And it will sound good with your other kids' names, which is something I always (weirdly) focus on :).

Nicole said...

I like it. Congrats on having another boy! Isn't it especially annoying when you tell people the name and they tell you they don't like it to your face while you are holding the little one in your arms? Ya, they don't have to like it, but they ought to keep their mouth shut at least until you are gone. (Can you tell i have had some comments about my kids' names?) Congrats again!!