Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A few treasures...



My Mom & step Dad recently bought a new house which was MUCH, MUCH smaller than their last, so Mom had to get rid of 3/4 of everything she owned. She asked me if I wanted her hope chest and I repled, "are you kidding me! Of course I do!" She's had it for over 25 years, so my whole life I've seen it, opened it up to get wrapping paper etc... how could I NOT want it?
I was so thankful when it fit in G-ma's SUV too! thank you a 1000 times Mama, I love it!

And then G-ma gave me a VERY OLD dish that was my Great, Great Grandmother's. What do you say to a gift like that? How special. How thoughtful. How meaningful. I wonder what she kept in it. I wonder what her daughter kept in it. What about my Grandma? And now me? (I can promise it will be kept WAY up high for a few years!)
It was so sweet of her. Thank you to my sweet ancestors for passing it down. It is a treasure.

1 comment:

Jana said...

My mom has a similar hope chest and I have treasured memories of peeking inside of it :).