Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another WONDERFUL visit with Grammy & G-pa!!!





I'm not sure what has gotten into my Grandparents the past few months, but they've come to visit us twice in the past 3 months!! i'm not complaining, believe me. My entire world rises and sets around these two people. I simply adore our time with them. There is nothing more precious than sitting on a hotel room bed with them, talking forever about funny memoreies and listening to my G-pa sing. I seriously had to try not to cry, but he melts my heart when he sings. My earliest memories are waking up in their home to the vacuum and him singing at the same time, It's a sound that makes my entire being swell with love.

We had a great time while they were here. G-ma cooked up a storm every night, making ribs the first and salmon the second night. We went shopping, to the bank, played Sorry & yahtzee, G-ma permed my hair, the big kids went to school, Trav & G-pa went golfing, we talked, we laughed, made butter (kind of), went through about a 100 craft supplies G-ma & and Mom brought down to me and had a wonderful time.

it was simply Heaven having them here and I know the sacrafice they made to get here. It's been more difficult lately to watch my G-pa get older. He's slowing down a little and everything makes him really tired these days. He had to lay down a few times and take a nap. I couldn't help but watch him as he had done a million times with me when I was little. There is so much love and I want them both here forever. I am so thankful for every second with them. They are my world.

1 comment:

Jana said...

How special that they were able to come visit again, looks like you fit a lot of fun into their time here!