Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No, I'm not hiding... just recovering...

It's been a week since my last post! (insert gasp here!) I know, I can hardly believe it either- but I've been a little "extra" busy over here. Angie & I singly handedly put on another yard sale this past weekend, and we are both trying to recoup from that wonderful experience!

If you have had a yard sale where you have 8 people's items, are picking up everyone's stuff, driving around town to collect as many tables as possible, pricing for weeks, setting up for days, putting out signs, trying to get 4 kids ready and out the door by 6:15 AM to drive to Meridian, putting out signs in the snow,keeping track of everyone's money, having the sale for 2 days in CRAZY weather, then taking down the sale, cleaning up the area, then cleaning up the house that was trashed for days, dividing up everyone's stuff, boxing up everyone's items, trying to organize it in the van so you can return it to people, adding up everyone's money, dividing that into 8 envelopes, picking up signs, returning tables, unpacking your own stuff, getting everything put back in the shed & then returning home to normal life to collapse into bed- then you know what it's like to survive a yard sale!!!
I love having them, honestly, I do- they are just a ton of work!!! It was a blast though over at Angie's for days before and then days during- it was great to hang out, talk to funny people and see how many people would try to talk you down on prices. We ate more junk food than should be discussed, laughed at silly people and debated if we should even start the sale while we were putting signs out in the SNOW!! I told her to have faith, (the size of a mustard seed, right?) that the weather would improve, and it did! Although cold & windy- we had a great turn out and we sold a bunch of stuff and made a few pennies too!
I can't even tell you how much I love my sweet Angie. She is honestly one of the most selfless people I have ever known. I wish I would have counted how many times she had to get up to get something for someone, myself included! (but hey, she made me funeral potatoes, I had to eat right???!) She is simply amazing. I love her like a sister and I thank God for her everyday. We laugh, we joke, we love and we eat a lot of candy together. We had a great, exausting time together- I can't wait to do it again- I love you Miss Angie!

1 comment:

Ryan and Angie said...

oh emily....you make me sound so much better than i am!!! I love you too em!!!And i will never.......EVER forget that yard sale!!! Memories forever!!!!I always enjoy your company, and would love to make you funeral potatoes anytime!!! Thanks for everything you did for that sale and everything you always do for me. I love you like a sister too and am so blessed to have you in my life!!