Monday, April 11, 2011

To be a boy...

I have to admit, Tristin is pretty out numbered in this house- with 4 girls surrounding him! The past few days he has been training to be an assisian. That's right, you heard me. So, while I try not to be bothered by his sword drawings during school and his weapon making stations in the back yard, I surely didn't like the sound of wanting to become that! As parents, we hope they aspire to something better than killing people! I told him to go do a service project instead, but that didn't sound as fun aparently!
I had to laugh when I came across this list he started:

To be an Asasen (with a knife dripping blood)

1. hafe to have at lest 2 knifes and 1 pistol.

Last night I asked Trav about his behavior and I asked: is it typical boy stuff?" In which he replied, "Yup."
So, there you have it folks...

2 comments:

Jana said...

I totally hear you; already Clyde is sooo into Star Wars and killing battle droids and Chuck constantly has to reassure me that it's normal and important developmentally . . . I just stick to my rules about no 'shooting/blasting/whatever' real people, and no Star Wars at the dinner table :).

Jarom and Jennifer said...

Thanks for posting that! and your comment Jana. Jarom has told me several times that it's a boy thing and it's normal. I just don't understand!! why all of the killing, guns, swords, knifes, etc.? I don't get it.

Jennifer