Monday, April 11, 2011

My 5 year love affair...

For the past 5 years there has been another love in my life... my super cute, adorable, and working retro fridge! I bought it 5 years at a yard sale for $ 40.00 and have been happily in love for years now... until a few days ago...
Long story short- it stopped working. (Insert horrible crying here!)
My neighbor came over to check it out (he does comericial refrideration) and let me know that the compressor was shot, but that he would bring his tools over this week & assess the damage. It's either fixable, or sadly might have to leave me and find another home AKA: the dump!
although we don't have a diagnoses yet, apart of me knows what the Dr will say, so I am super sadly dealing with the loss of my fridge. I have ADORED this thing for years now and before, wanted one for YEARS! And who finds one at a yard sale for $40.00 anyway???

While I am a kabillion times grateful for our "second fridge" brought in from the shed, that is working great but super ugly totally huge & crazy loud- I WANT MY OTHER FRIDGE BACK!!! ( The pictures are of the ugly fridge) I miss it already and it's only been on the porch for 2 days now. (Again, I am SUPER thankful, I'm just sad that my kitchen won't be complete now with all things retro!) Who knows, it might work out, we will see. These things sell on Ebay for $ 2500.00 and not even super cute ones like mine! So you see my sad, sad predicament- I will probably never own one again. (Unless the Yard sale angels once again come through for me!)
So if you hear or see a white retro fridge any where for under $ 100 and you don't want it for yourself- send it my way!

1 comment:

Chelsea and Shane said...

I probably don't feel equally as sad but I definitely feel for you. I love your fridge as well and was envious every time I came over. If you can't replace it, spoil yourself with an upgrade. However, I know you and that more than likely will not happen unless it is a DEAL!!