Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'll see you soon, my sweet friend...

Saturday morning as we were packing to leave, Trav handed me my phone and said, "Someone must be trying really hard to get a hold of you." I took my phone from him and saw 4 missed alerts from the same number, all within a few minutes apart. I didn't recognize the #, but knew something was going on so I called the # and said this is Emily, when the man answered the phone. It was Evonne's son John and he told me that she had passed away the night before.
I sat down and started crying as he told me what had happened. My heart hurt so much. toward the end he said she wasn't in any pain, that she was ready to go home and that when she did, it was in her sleep, just the way she wanted it.
it's been a few days now and I catch myself several times a day missing her terribly and just falling apart for awhile. I am so sad we never made it to have our lemon pie together- that will be my greatest regret. Oh, how I loved her. I would have gone to the moon and back for her and it hurts. I am just so sad. I won't be able to see her every other week. our talks are done now. The girls won't be able to play on her porch with her baby dolls, I won't be able to dust her things or open her water bottles anymore and I'm not sure how to deal with it right now. We had the sweetest relationship that lasted almost 9 wonderful years. We would just sit and talk and laugh forever. I wrapped her Christmas presents every year and she saved coupons for me. I would drive to the bank to get cash for her, take out her holiday decorations and listen to her stories. I would share family pictures afer a trip- and it's all done now, I can't do those things anymore.
I will miss you so much my friend, but I know I will see you again one day and then we can sit and talk and watch Wheel Of Fortune and eat carmeled apple candy together. I love you Evonne.

No comments: