Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Going Home...

I have felt a little spoiled these past 11 moths because I've been able to go home 4 times (plus Mom & brent came here in December), it's these visits home that make the 500 mile distance managable in my heart and mind. My family is extremely close and together all the time. We hug, we kiss, we laugh, we fight, we joke, we play, & we love each other fiercly- everyone lives within a 40 mile radius so getting together takes only minutes for most. Mom always has dinners and get togethers, My brothers go to my Grandparents to play cards, they meet for luch, attend baseball games, talent shows- you name it, my family is probably together. I tribute that closeness to my Mother because she worked so hard to keep us close growing up. There were many years of choas, uncertanity, sadness & an overall emptiness in each of us. My Sweet Mama had to be both parents for a very long time and although we hated our Father's absence, it brought us together in a way that I really cannot describe- it's why we are so close today. I think we clung to one another just to survive and Mom's help and my Grandparents endless love and support kept us afloat.

(I also love that my Dad is in each of our lives now too and has been for years. I admire how he has made us a priority and that we have wonderful relationships with him- because that is all we wanted- our Dad. I love that I can call him to share stories and that he drives out each year to be with us.My heart swells with love when I watch my kids play with him- it is something I deeply cherish.)

Going home was so wonderful. There were so many friends I wanted to see but didn't have the chance. (Audra, I was going to call you on our Seattle day to see if we could meet at IKEA, but it rained everyday and walking around downtown with wet kiddos is never fun, so we never even made it there. I'm Sorry)
We did have a very relaxing time and I even got to watch a few awesome shows with Mom (Cake Boss, Intervention, Ellen, Hoarders, Man VS. Food) We ate, played & relaxed. We ahd a great time with my Grandparents, had tons of fun with Uncle Jake, April & the cousins, picked up Uncle Caleb and went to Chuck E Cheese, had lunch with Mom, went down to the water, went shopping, ate out, had a fun party, slept in and visited with Erin for a few wonderful hours. It was wonderful to be home. thanks Mom & brent for letting us stay an entire week. We love you both soooo much!

No comments: