Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The hunts...

I have a phrase or motto that I say several times a day that encourages me to be a better Mom. It is: "It's not about me."
It reminds me that even when I don't want to play Candyland, or walk to the park, or read the really long stories or stop and watch the 100th summersalt- I need to- because it's not about what I want- it's about my kids doing what brings them joy, and at their little ages, the smallest things bring the greatest happiness- hence the Easter egg hunts. Why not let them get excited about something? Why not let them run and collect eggs that make them squeal with delight? Why not have 3? And so we did...

1 comment:

Amber said...

you're such a good mom. i love that-- 'it's not about me'
i even repeated it to myself shortly after reading your post as i went to change two poopy diapers :) not for me-- but for them :)