Friday, March 18, 2011

Relief Society B-day Dinner...

Several months ago I was called to be the head comittee member for RS activities. I was thrilled because you know me, I love to throw parties! First I helped with our annual Super Saturday & had the bright idea to try & teach the ladies how to do 15 craft projects- lesson learned: there is only 1 of me and A LOT of them! This year I plan to teach just a few.
On Tuesday night we survived our B-day dinner- but wow, was that a lot of work! Planning, advertising, planning, meetings, sign up sheets, trying to find lots of helpers, more meetings, 3 weeks in a row at the church making copies at night, posters, buying food for 100 people, preparing the food for 100 poeple, reminder calls, center pieces, setting up, decorating, check off lists, and then getting 100 plates of food out the door for the young men & women to serve etc... I think I'm still recovering! My feet were so sore that night and I finally got home by 10:00 PM- almost 6 1/2 hours later.
I think the night was a success, I was in the kitchen, so I hope it went as planned! It was a crazy couple of weeks, but it was wonderful to spend time thinking back over the years abut all the amazing women who have helped shape RS- I am indeed grateful to be apart of something so incredible!

1 comment:

jen said...

You did a great job. It looked wonderful and I could tell you put a ton of work into it. Thanks for making it a nice evening!