Sunday, September 12, 2010

I am going to be busy...





This is just the latest batch of fruit, so needless to say, you know what I'll be doing the next few weeks! I'm not sure what it is about canning that brings out the wild, compulsive lunitic in me, but it does! I'm a crazy lady and I know it! Who takes 7 trips out to the orchard & the pear factory in a week? I'm head over heals in love is all I can say, and it doesn't even make a lot of sense. Canning kicks your butt! Talk about the longest,hottest, most exausting days of your life- with blisters, fruit flies and orange stained hands to prove it. it amazes me really. The house falls apart and you have no idea what the kids are doing, but you don't even care because you are in a fruit induced coma. You start to lose it after about 8 hours straight and you make your husband pick up pizzas because you have no intention of making dinner for your famlily. Your floor is covered with a sugary mess, you have fruit all over your clothes and stuck in your hair, but at the end of the day when you see rows of jars filled with fresh peaches that you & your family picked- it's all worth it. It's simply beautiful.

No comments: