Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Goodbye Shane & Chelsea...






When Chelsea told me thay were moving to Portland, it felt like a piece of my heart broke off and flew away. I was stunned. Shocked. Heart sick. Happy. Excited for them, but mostly incredibly sad. Over the next 2 weeks, I tried to help them pack, clean, take care of the twins, bring food- anything I could to to ease the terrible load they were both carrying. I tried really hard to hide my pain, but over the next few weeks, I just couldn't control the sadness. I was even angry. Angry that we wouldn't have our Papa Murphy pizza nights, our ice cream nights, our long talks, our Target shopping trips & those amazing chocolate chip cookies of hers! My heart ached as I thought about not having her around the corner any more. Not having my kids run up to Shane and hug him, not having them there when my world was falling apart or have them around to pick up our mail when we went on vacations! I could barley think about it and when I did, all I could do was cry to my Mom, or lay in bed for awhile and let the tears disappear. Chelsea is like my sister. I love her to death and would do anything for her. Over the years, we went through so many things together. So much happiness, so many tears, frustration, excitemnet, joy, heart ache and a thousand more memories. It's been a month now and I miss them so much. I miss the twins, I miss Chelsea's smiling face and I miss watching Shane hold the girls at church. I just miss everything. I am so happy that Shane is continuing his education, but I'm sad that they had to go away to do it. I hate going over to get the mail and water the garden, because they aren't there. The house is empty and they are so many memories there. It will take me awhile to adjust, she was so much apart of my heart. I thank the Lord for amazing friends, even if it feels like my heart has been ripped from my chest. I love you guys and miss you so much!

2 comments:

Missy08 said...

Wow I didn't even know that they were moving

Ryan and Angie said...

ouch!!!Make me cry why don't you?!! I am sorry they had to move too.....life really just sucks sometimes, that's all there is to it!! I love you!!