Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day Breakfast...



Growing up, my Mom always gave us breakfast in bed on valentines day. She always had red and pink food and yummy treats on a tray she had decorated at probably 5:00 AM. I couldn't wait for to come in my room, turn on my light and say "Happy Valentine's Day!" Even if it was pink frosted Pop tarts and red juice, it was the greatest and I looked forward to it every year. I adore my Mom and I am so thankful for all 500 traditions she started and still does to this day. Because my kiddos are still little and the thought of giving them breakfast in bed, scared the cr*p out of me, I decided to just have a Valentine's day breakfast at the table. 9:00 AM church made it kind of rushed this morning, but I thought, "If Mom could do it with all those kids, so can I." So with about 3 hours of sleep last night, an alarm that went off too early and 6 people to get ready and out the door- this is what I managed to do. Pink heart shaped pancakes, pinapple, juice & treats. Nothing amazing, but hopefully something they will remember as much as I do. I love you Mama!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Dang, my children are lucky if they get breakfast at all on Sunday mornings with 9am church - I can't believe what a fun Valentine's Day breakfast you did! That's so neat; now your children will grow up with the same neat holiday memories and traditions as you did :)