Sunday, February 14, 2010

RSV, an ear infection, strep throat & the bug...

This past week has been wild, and I'm thankful almost everything has settled down a little bit. It started about 8 weeks ago when the bug broke down and we realized it was going to cost a fortune to fix. Because my husband adores me, he agreed to spend 3,000 dollars and have it fixed for me. (No we didn't have the $, so he moved things around, found a way and made it happen. We had our VW guy, Rick, work on it, but because of 100 different reasons, it took 6 1/2 weeks to complete. I learned a lot more about patience during that time of not having a car for a month. (My dear friend Angie loaned us her car for 2 1/2 weeks while she borrowed her MIL while they were on vacation) A month was long enough without transportation and everyday I prayed that my babies wouldn't crack their heads open and need to be rushed to the hospital. We survived without the bug, but were VERY thankful to pick her up a few nights ago!!! Did I mention it has a faster engine??? Very cool. And that Trav is installing my new seats?? I love that man.

Last Friday I woke up with a really sore throat and by Saturday morning, I was sicker than sick. I was throwing up, every inch of my body ached beyond belief (even my eye lids hurt!) I had a fever, my throat was KILLING me, I had no energy and I just wanted to die. By Sunday morning I was crying it hurt so much, I could hardly swallow and had white sores all over my throat,so Trav took me into Primary Health and in about 2 seconds found out I had strep. I got on super wonderful drugs and started feeling better awhile after. No wonder people only lived until age 40 a long time ago. I was in bed for 2 1/2 days straight and had NO idea what my poor children were doing all those hours. My wonderful friends took care of me, and boy, was I thankful to have them. Chelsea brought pizza over & Lisa did my dishes and vaccuumed for me. Annikan & Angie were the greatest helpers with Daisy's party, making treats and helping- I was pretty out of it, but we made it through and had a great party for her.

I took the girls into the Dr. a few days ago for shots and found out that Willow has RSV and an ear infection- and that the rest of the kids probably have suffered with the same thing for the past month. They have all had terrible coughs/colds that never really went away and then got worse. Willow was miserable the other day, but is such a great sport. She has medicine for her ear, but it breaks my heart to her her wheezing & crackling when she breathes. I am so thankful for doctors and medicine (except for when Grace found the medicine, overdosed and then I had to call poison control! Not fun, but she was okay. That was about 2 weeks ago- and scared the cr*p out of me too!)

I am thankful to have alot of the big things done and off my To Do list, so now I can relax a little. Valentine's day is almost over, no parties for awhile, I gave my RS lesson today, we had our taxes done last night, no appointments for a long time, we have running cars, I'm done cooking the 60 pounds of hamburger- so I'm good! I think I'll take a bath and call it a night. There's our little update...

6 comments:

Missy08 said...

wow u are wonder women ur a great mom and hard worker.

tvcadurfee said...

if willow is still having trouble breathing, try some baby vapor rub. it works wonders for macie. she has it too. also ocean brand nasal drips helps macie a lot. she doesn't like it but i like for her to breathe.

jen said...

I'm so sorry you guys were all so sick too. I didn't even know! I think RSV has been going around because Rachel had it too. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Nicole said...

I hope you all get better soon. I feel like our household has been sick since November!!! Our little Liv got RSV at 8 weeks and still has a lingering cough. 4 kids and all sick - do you think it would be easier if they all got sick at once instead of taking turns? Glad you got some meds and are feeling better!

Jana said...

Oh, bless your heart Emily! I'm glad things have calmed down a bit for you!!

Will and Ellen Pecchia said...

No fun being sick or without a car I am working on month # 10 or so, I stopped counting after 3, without a car. Thank goodness for tax refunds...and doctors...and medicine. Our house is all sick too.