Sunday, January 17, 2010

Say goodbye...


I know this is the silliest thing to blog about, but I have REALLY weak, flimsy finger nails. I've always wanted to grow them out, but they always broke before I could get them to that "cute" stage. Cleaning houses for 10 years has made it difficult to have long nails even if I wanted to, but recently, my prenatels have been super. I decided to grow my nails out a little, just to see if I could do it. I usually have the tiniest line of white showing, so they've always been SUPER short. Even with short nails, I was always flipping my nail backwards while changing sheets or cleaning- so it just never worked out for me, until now. I told myself when they became a problem, I would clip them, so yesterday while I was grocery shopping, my pinki nail, which is super long (almost falf an inch!), flipped completely backwards and caused the most terrible finger pain of my life. Seriously. I wanted to say a swear word. But I didn't. So, after the longest blog post about finger nails, I've decided it's time to cut them, but I'm kinda sad about it. Am I crazy? It stems from never having them, but really, I'm starting to injure my children. Texting is difficult and washing hair is hard to do. So wish me luck as I say farwell to my crazy long finger nails. (Just so you know, my injured pinki is not the one pictured, it's much longer than the one shown!)

2 comments:

jen said...

I have to admit I laughed reading that... I use to be obsessed with my nails. It isn't really possible with kids :)

Dean Family said...

i did notice your nails getting long. funny :)