Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Evonne & the girls...


I brought the girls with me last week and let them visit with Evonne while I worked. I love this woman. I've been cleaning for her for at least 6 years now and I have listened to hundreds of stories, marveled at what she has endured and even found myself in tears at times as she's spoken of the war, losing husbands and the trials she has gone through. We've been on shopping trips together and lunch dates and I've even had to be her Mom a few times and scold her. She's an incredibly stubborn woman, but in the best of ways.She has a great sence of humor and I can talk about pregnany, breastfeeding, and politics with her- we're always laughing about something mildly inapproprate and she'll celebrate her 92nd birthday in a few weeks. I love these girls.

No comments: