Friday, March 22, 2013

When it rains, it pours...

We were just getting settled into our callings when out of no where the dam broke and the flood came. In the past few weeks we have had 3 funerals: 1 being an elderly passing, 1 being a suicide of the sweetest man in the world and the other an unexpected death of a young man almost ready to come from the hospital after a succesful operation. We have also been in the middle of a HUGE project for a family in our ward that has tested all of our strength, love, endurance, patience and personal weakness's. I think we are all trying to wrap our minds around what has happened, let alone give our hearts time to heal from all the sadness. It has been the craziest few weeks ever, and an incredibly sad time for so many people. I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father for the lessons I have learned these past few weeks as I have attempted to serve with a loving heart. I have been tried and tested in ways I wasn't ready for and brought to tears a dozen times over the awfulness of situations. I have hurt, ached for and never hoped for brighter days in all my serving years. The Lord has taught me many things as I have wept at his feet in humility and screamed his name for answeres to why. I have been stretched to my limits, brought to my end, and then realed back in to feel his amazing love and forgivness moments later. All I know is that when we serve, we grow to love the people. I am grateful and changed because of that.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I still can't believe how much has happened so quickly - and right after you guys were put in as a RS presidency! I've loved serving alongside you and getting to witness the incredible transformation that is happening at that home. I know you'll roll your eyes, but you are AMAZING and I love you!!