Sunday, November 18, 2012

It hurts...

Mom & Brent are on the plane right now flying back home to Seattle, and my heart hurts so much. I just gave myself permission to cry until all the tears were gone,but sadly, there are a lot of tears to get out. I just love my Mama and it hurts without her. Every time she leaves I resort back to a 3 year old who needs her Mom to make everything feel better. And she does. But when she leaves, I just fall apart. We had a great visit, but like always, it was too short. They flew in Friday at 12:25 and left today at 12:55. We got them checked in, went to Costco and bought a gingerbread man decorating kit, came home and had lunch, played Yahtzee & Sorry and then Trav came home. Later we went to drop off library movies, stopped at the dollar store to shop and pick out fabulous BINGO prizes, picked up pizza, came home and ate and then went to the school for Tristin's music concert. Friday night Tristin stayed the night with G-ma & G-pa at their hotel. Saturday I picked them up and brought them back to the house, we visited for awhile and then Mom & I went out for a few hours to hit the thrift stores and check out Gordman's. Trav & G-pa took the kids to the park and We made it home in time for the boys to go watch the BSU game, we made soup for dinner, went out to Panda Expressfor lunch, got hit on by a 80 year old man, came home & relaxed. I showed Mom clips from "the Voice" and tried to convert her to the show (She is a HUGE American Idol fan, so I knew she would like it) The boys came home and we ate dinner, played BINGO, and then went over to the hotel to go swimming. We stayed for awhile and then the girls got to stay the night. They layed in bed and watched movies, ate ice cream & popcorn and had lots of fun. This morning I picked them up, we picked up breakfast, came home and ate, decorated ginger bread men, G-pa went shopping for toys and then it was time to leave. We drove them to the airport but I had to go in just to have 10 more minutes with them. We hugged and cried and then hugged and cried again. They left and Daisy and I cried all the way back to the van. We held each other and just cried. I told her when it hurts that much, it just means we love each other alot. Thank you so much Mom for making another trip out this year. We were blessed to see you guys 3 times this year! We love you both so much!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love how you make the most out of your visits with your mom (and all your family members when they come!) and pack in so much fun. You must get your energy and enthusiasm from her - what awesome grandparents she and Brent are :).