Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Swim Lessons have begun...

Last night was the 1st night of swim lessons for the 3 big kids. I was able to get them all in the same night, back-to-back classes for all their swim levels. It's a good thing too, because I am going to sweat to death and probably die the next month from the heat and humidity in that place. If I can endure the 65 min, 2 nights a week- then I might be ok, but seriously, for a girl who has a sweating problem to begin with, plus is pregnant, plus gets to sit for over a hour in a heat induced swimming pool- it doesn't come out to be very fun.Or pretty.

But it's not about me, right?

They loved it by the way. Willow was a little sad that she didn't get to hop in, but Trav will make it up to her and take her swimming one of these nights. I think my last swimming suit appearance a few weeks ago may have been my last. There is just nothing sweet about putting my gross thighs and huge self into a swimming suit right now. It didn't help that all I had to cover my grossness was Trav's "man" shorts too. Yeah, I was one of those cool insucure Mama's with man shorts.
Please, kids, do not desire another family swim night any time soon!

1 comment:

tvcadurfee said...

the day care place at the rec center is wonderful! my girls spend time there quite often. its 2.50 an hour with a max of 2 hours per day. it might be a little better place for willow instead of sitting in the pool room and being bored. i even leave my 4 month old in there. its an idea... good luck