Friday, November 18, 2011

Here comes baby # 5...

It's offical! And early. We found out almost 2 weeks ago that we are expecting # 5!
Call me what you will...(I've heard it all lately) but we are really excited. And nervous. And scared. And overwhelmed. And thrilled. And extremely blessed to be so fertile. We've been planning for several months (you know how it goes- get the IUD removed, wait a few months/cycles and then hope for the best!) Of course we ended up pregnant in no time (which I also know is an amazing blessing)
I am scared out of my mind to endure the next 3 months of violent sickness- but I have no choice. I have been making freezer meals, freezer lunches, getting the craft show complete, working on organizing projects, wrapping Christmas presents and praying for just another day until it hits and I am out for 10 long weeks. There is nothing I can do except throw up 15- 20 times a day, and lay on the floor like a zombie. It is the near death sickness that is awful. I can handle the barfing- I've been great at that most my life- it's just the non functioning part that is so madning.

I have been prepping Grace for months now, as she will litterally become my saving Grace. I figure I have a week or two left before it hits and I have been frantically trying to get things done and play with the kids. Just pray for the kids. I have no idea how any of them have survived my pregnancies. They run around the house doing who- knows- what while I pray for God to end my misery and just let me die.

Thankfully Trav is home by 3:00 in the afternoons and can do damage control, laundry, kid duty and errands. Oh, how I wish there was any other way. I would give body parts not to have to go through this- but here we go....
Farwell friends, I will see you in a few months...

9 comments:

jayna said...

Oh Emily! I want to take the plunge myself but just can't seem to muster the courage...you are my hero! It's so hard to be so sick and feel terrible AND have other kiddos who need you. I will pray for you because I know what it's like and I only did it three times! :) Congratulations!!
p.s. your babies are so cute and i can't wait to see another one!

Unknown said...

******HUGE SMILE!********

I knew it was coming but it still filled me with JOY! Way to go! You give me hope that I can take the "Michelle Duggar" plunge myself one day! Please let me know if I can do anything for you - send me some little girls to play with Brigitte! I cant WAIT to see this beautiful baby!

And try sniffing lemons. KFC towlettes are wonderful for morning sickness!

Jana said...

Congratulations Emily!! Your existing children are so darling and sweet; I'm sure number five will be the same :).

I'm glad Travis is around in the late afternoons/evenings to help, but if you ever need anything else let me know!

jen said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. I wish I were there to help.

Missy08 said...

aww thst is exciting news congrats

Amber said...

yay!!!! that is so exciting!!!! i'm very happy for you guys :)

Chelsea Stevens said...

Oh Emily... I'm so excited for you!! You are superwoman... SERIOUSLY. I love all your kids and I can't wait to meet the newest addition.

Sherry said...

Congrats~!!! I'm really excited for you! Your kids are all so adorably cute! Sorry about the morning sickness. I'm so glad that's all behind me!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! I am excited for you. We just had our 5th earlier this month too. I don't envy you the pregnancy part, but the baby part is wonderful! p.s. I hope you end up with a closer boy/girl ratio than we ended up with and Tristen can have a brother ;)