Thursday, September 22, 2011

Canning...






The other night we went and picked raspberries at Tammy's house (thank you!)it was kind of neat because some of her bushes/starts had come from Trav's parents years ago. I was excited to make some more jam!
We to the orchard again yesterday to get some more apples and we were thrilled to find more peaches as well!
Yesterday Kara & I canned 43 jars of applesauce. We will can the rest later today.
After she left, I made 14 pints of raspberry peach jam, 5 raspberry-peach freezer jam & 5 peach frezzer jam's! There's nothing like making jam at almost midnight (I was interuppted a 100 times because Trav was working on his 2nd security clearance for work and needed massive info that I had to search old journals for!)
Finally at 1:00 AM we fell asleep. My feet ached. Naturally Grace woke up twice and sure enough the alarm went off shortly after at 4:45 AM. Oh, the long days of canning! Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Chelsea Stevens said...

Okay Emily i am exhausted just reading about all of your canning. You are super woman. I just need to clone one of you to be here with me in Portland. Also I CAN'T believe Willow is going to be 2. Time is going by too quickly. I remember Tristan in nursery in our Boise 2nd ward... crazy!! Love and miss you. Oh, I read about your health problems and I'm so glad that you are doing better. I will call soon to catch up.