Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A sleepless night...

Last night was one of those super special nights:

Trav & I stayed up until after 1:00 AM having one of those "heart-to-heart" conversations (you know the ones... that last until after 1:00 AM!)

Of course he fell fast asleep and I laid there for another hour listening to the sounds all around me: his snoring, my stomach rumbling, the scary sounds outside and then I started pleading with God, " Please, oh please, let me fall asleep, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired. Please God, I'll do anything." It was almost 2:30AM

Well, I think God was helping someone else because that's when Willow decided to wake up and start crying for the 3rd time that night. I waited and she put herself back to sleep. I was so grateful and closed my eyes to drift away...but she woke up & started crying again! She stopped once more, and I closed my eyes again thinking: What else world??? (never ask that.) I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a child getting out of bed and making a mad rush to the bathroom. I looked at the alarm and it read 3:00 AM . The light flipped on and all I heard next was violent rushes of vomit hitting the bottom of the toilet bowl. I got out of bed and saw Daisy hanging over the toilet throwing up her chicken nuggets from dinner hours before. I held her hair back and rubbed her back- the poor girl. She brushed her teeth and then went back to bed. I crawled back in too and closed my eyes for the millionth time and just as I was about to fall asleep- another mad rush to the toilet & even more vomit. It was 3:30. We cleaned up & brushed teeth again. Just as we walked out of the bathroom- Willow started crying AGAIN! Oh, someone help me! I laid down and waited for the crying to stop. I just laid there waiting for the next thing to keep me up and guess what it was??? The alarm, happily beeping away at 4:45! What a wild few hours.

No comments: