Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Christmas is done!!!

...On my side of the family that is!
I have spent the past 2 weeks and many, many hours working on Christmas gifts & projects and I am pleased at announce, I AM DONE! My fingers were blistered, burned & very tired after I finished making 91 satin flowers for the ladies (Only my mom reads my blog,so I'm not ruining any surprises here!) Yes, 91 flowers! I had my Mom, G-ma,sister & sisters in laws- and the flowers are darling so I wanted them to have some- 13 of them. I know I went a little crazy at the craft store but they had to have all 13 colors!
Because I'm crazy here's the insain math:
91 flowers=
546 cirlcles cut
546 circles individualy burned
273 pearls glued in the middle
91 pins glued to the back
35 hair clips added
an entire pack of glue sticks used
2 1/2 candles burned through
several burned fingers
many blisters from cutting
but hopefully 7 happy ladies in December!

I was able to put some gifts together to save on space (because a mini van is only so big, ya know!)and I am happy to say I fit it all in 11 boxes!I feel so good now knowing there are only 17 family members on Trav's side left to take care of! VICTORY!

And just so you know, I am my Mother's daughter, she informed me that she has C

hristmas gifts for me to bring back too!

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Hi Emily! I've been following your blog for the longest time and was actually inspired to create my own. :)