Monday, January 10, 2011

31 things you should know about me...

In honor of my old age today, I thought I would share 31 "amazing" things about myself, in no paticuliar order:
(Yes, today is my 31st birthday!)

1- I have an INTENSE, I mean GINORMOUS fear of cliffs &/or roads with no railings. My fear is actually somewhat paralizing. I will have panic attacks while on road trips- it's honestly awful. In my mind I see us driving off the edge and dying. Nothing calms it either- I just shake, cry and hyperventilate.
2- I was nominated most unique in High School (but darn it, the other girl won!)
3- I am insainly OBSESSED with The Office.
4-I have repeating dreams that my teeth are falling/crumbling out of my mouth.
5-I have never broken a bone.
6- I am not a Facebook girl, sorry!
7- I have over 2500 emails to look through & delete right now.
8- I average 4-5 hours of sleep a night.
9- I ADORE motorcycles.Especially rides with my Dad. Just not when I'm 7 months pregnant!! (let's not do that again!)
10- I think the orchard is a magical place.
11- I wouldn't survive without yard sales.
12- I am addicted to chapstick. (If I was on a deserted island- that would be my 1 item.)
13- I ADORE super HOT baths. The kind that make you a little dizzy afterwards and you have to lay down just to recover. They are the best.
14-I have a sweating problem. End of subject.
15-I used to think texting was pointless.
16-Sadly, I do not have a savings account.
17-I have had migrains since I was 12 & still do.
18-I still collect starburst wrappers for my chain that I started when I was 16.
19- Sugar makes everything better.
20- I HATE change.
21-I order the same exact thing off the menu at every resturant. I never switch.
22- One day I want to publish my Rosco the Talking Giraffe stories. (I wrote them when I was in 6th grade. I always wanted my brother Jesse to illistrate. P.S *I don't think I've ever told him that.)
23- I have over 30 journals.
24- I don't wear nail polish on my fingers because I think it clashes with the color of the ring I wear on my right hand.
25- My favorite stores are: Target, Costco, Old Navy & ANY craft/fabric store.
26- I still have a crush on Michael Bolton (Leave me alone! I have loved him ever since I was a little girl. I saw him in concert with my Mom when I was 5 months pregnant with Daisy. I thought for sure he would scoop me up and take me with him.)
27- I don't sing in front of many people. It stems from my best friends wanting to hear me sing in Jr, High. I was too embarressed and I still am.
28- I do not enjoy cooking, although I pray to have the desire.
29- I LOVE 8:00 PM bedtime.
30- I'm not big into snuggling.Especially when I'm about to fall asleep, I need my space.
31- I am VERY claustrophobic. I always have to sit on an end.


There you have it. 31 life changing things about me!

5 comments:

Maren said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! You are one of the women I look up to. You inspire so many. Thank you.

Jana said...

Emily, this list was soo enlightening! Happy birthday today - I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day. And thank you so much for your sweet words, I feel the same way about you. Whenever I came to visit teach you I always left feeling like you had taught me and helped me feel the spirit way more than I had helped you :). You are the best!!

Amber said...

happy birthday!! I think you are such an amazing person. i hope you have a wonderful day

jen said...

Happy Birthday Emily! How fun reading all those things about you. I hope you had a great day.

Sherry said...

Emily, I loved reading about your 31 things about yourself! You did forget to mention how much you love bleach though.... and I was happy to see that you and your kids have endured another noodle bath! I can see it is way fun but I couldn't do the mess.... anyway, Happy 31st Birthday!