Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good Intentions...






Every day I have had a burning, nagging feeling telling me to get over and help weed at the church garden, so yesterday morning, I took the kids over and we attempted... the impossible. We were told to work on the tomatoes, which we did for about 15 minutes. We were litterally sinking, sliding and losing our shoes in the drenched dirt/mud. They had watered the day before, but it was silly, we could hardly move! So after shaking my head in shame and filled with guilt, I loaded the kids back in the car (after making Tristin strip to his undies because he was COVERED in mud)At least we tried, and at least my kids will have memories of working in the garden. We'll go back, just hopefully we will be able to work a little longer. The Lord knows the intents of our hearts right???

1 comment:

Jana said...

We did some weeding there with the Cub Scouts for day camp and all got sooo muddy! Good for you for even attempting it with all four kids - you will definitely be blessed for making that effort :)