Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Celebration park...






I love Travis because he is so selfless. On his day off, he wanted to go sit in 95 degree weather and fish with the kids. Since I'm big on "family activities", I went too even though I really wanted to stay home and rest after working all morning. We drove out to celebration park about 25-30 minutes away and finally found the park tucked down in this canyon. The kids ran around chasing lizards while I wiped away pools of sweat from my body. Trav set up the chairs and fishing polls while I watched the kids frantically chase ugly creatures around in the dirt. I noticed that one of the docks was empty, so the kids and I walked over to claim it. Just as all 5 of us were about to step on the dock and set up camp, a man yelled out, "Hey, there's a rattle snake over there." " Uh, thanks" I yelled back. Come on, really? I thought. I mean I knew we were in a canyon out in the middle of no where in almost 100 degree weather, but really, a snake that would want my kids for lunch? I quickly gathered all my little hens and got the heck out of that area! We went back to where Trav was and fished for a hour, but it was terribly hot. Tristin put in line in and literally 2 seconds later, he had a fish- it was so amazing! Grace caught one too and it was adorable to watch her sitting there with her pink fishing poll and then get all excited when she pulled it out of the water. We had a great time even though we were all exausted from the heat. We ate ice cream cones on the way home and made another memory as a family!

No comments: