Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our new arrivals... Jaws & Gypsy


The kids and I went thrift store shopping on Saturday, and out of the blue, the Lord prompted me to buy gold fish for the kids. What? I kept asking him... Are you kidding me? Why in the world should I buy goldfish? (Probaly because he knew he wouldn't get me to buy a cat, or dog, or bird or reptile of any kind!)
So, long story short, we found a bowl for $ 1.00, 2 fish for .56, fish food & a net for under $ 5.00. (Yes, and I even stepped inside Petco! The terrible place. But I had to get a net there.)
So, they've already had their first bath today, nobody has killed them by overfeeding, but boy, do they want to try, and I've put the fear in the kids that if they do anything but look at them, they will end up killing them... so, we'll see how long Jaws & Gypsy last here at the house where the Mom despises "anything living" (Trav said that about me a long time ago because I hate animals, wood, plants in the home ect...!)
Thanks Lord for the great prompting!
(And I'm on the look out for a cool peace sign they can swim through- I might have to make one!)

No comments: