Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My "Mommy Moment"...


You know those moments when you look at your children and it feels like your heart is melting inside, just oozing with love for them? Well, I do, and I call them my "Mommy moments." It's in that moment that all that love comes rushing through your body and it almost takes your breath away, or makes you stop dead in your tracks, or laugh so hard you pray you don't have an accident, or sigh with such admiration, or even wipe the tears away as you gaze at your perfect little angel. It's in that moment that you're reminded why you wanted to become a Mother in the first place and why that tiny little being is the center of your universe.I love these moments. I love them because when they happen, my heart smiles. I feel peace for the first time in that day. My love grows and deepens and my desire to become better- is renewed. When I stop, slow down and focus, I realize that I'm surrounded by those moments, and they don't plan on staying around for too long. I'm learning about the delicate balance of Motherhood. I'm learning that it is incredibly difficult to "get right". I'm also learning that this is what I've been waiting for my entire life... my moments.