Monday, March 22, 2010

Dishwasher prayers...



3 years ago, when we were getting ready to move into our house, I found a dishwasher at a yard sale for $ 25.00. (We knew we needed a new one) It worked perfectly until a few days ago, and naturally, it had to stop working while I had a mountain of dishes that were waiting to go into the dishwasher to be cleaned. I've learned that things don't break at a "convient" time, so you just deal with it. Luckily, our AMAZING friends, Michelle & Jon (who own Van Vleet plumbing, and are SUPER, by the way if you have plumbing needs)had an extra dishwasher that they gave us- THANK YOU!!! So, after a few days of washing dishes by hand, I made Trav install the new one, which he did last night. After it was all done, we did a test load. Holy Cow, there was the loudest noise coming from the poor thing. Something was clanking around and I just sat there thinking, Lord, I am so grateful for this dishwasher, don't get me wrong- but if there is anyway to make that awful noise stop, could you please help us out? I tried convincing myself it would be okay, but the longer the cycle went, the more I realized that I would pay A LOT of money for a new one, it was just awful. Trav did some researching on the internet and found that other people had simuliar problems, so after reading their comments, he took a bunch of pieces apart, and found 6 screws, 1 clear marble & a chunck of plastic inside! Well, no wonder it was so loud! After he put things back together, it worked like a charm! Once again I am thankful for friends who care about us and a God that answers dishwasher prayers.

No comments: