Thursday, February 4, 2010

A few projects...






Ohmigosh! Last week I was driving home when out of no where, I saw a YARD SALE SIGN! A real one too (not one that the goof ball forgot to take down all year long), and in January! So, with about .25 to my name, I couldn't pass it up. Sure enough, I found a ton of little things and a few big things (like the perfect sized shelf to go in my overflowing pantry/craft area. The clip board was .25, the jar was .75 which I really needed for snacks and the "adorable" chicken/duck spoon/ladel set for .25 (I had to drive home and get more money!)Oh I can't wait for yard sale season to begin!!!!
Just a little paper & Mod Podge and they look a lot better!
I found the birds at the dollar store (Dollar Tree) and I thought they would look better pray painted white. After SEVERAL coats, they turned out super cute, except one of the birds decided to crackle a little bit. I kept them outside in the cold, so I wouldn't do that again! But hey, you get the idea. Then I found the "Family Rules" idea on this blog: lindseycheney.blogspot.com I added our own rules of course, which include: Take your shoes off, always tell the truth, Just do your best, pray always, no jumping on the furniture, How do you ask?, nothing happens when you whine & no toys at the table. I used a canvas I bought from a yard sale over the summer (.50) and paper I had, some Mod Podge, ribbon & vinyl lettering. Kind of fun!

No comments: