Saturday, January 9, 2010

Covering my # 10 cans...




I am so thankful for my food storage, but I hate to get rid of those darling silver cans when I've used up 6 pounds of rice, so I just started saving a few for my craft stuff. When I went to cover them with cute scrqapbook paper last week, I realized the paper wasn't long enough! Darn. I didn't want to use wrapping paper because I knew I'd be handeling them often, so I wanted something a little more durable, so that's when I went to my old dear friend- my fabric stash! Using materials I already had (I definatly wish I would have used sparkly silver iron on letters though, so sad) I used my thicker canvas material, my wonderful hot glue gun that Id be lost without & black iron on letters. For one of my craft buckets,I drilled holes in each side and made a beaded handle (but I need to redo it, using even thicker wire.)
I had to recover my food cans because they were driving me nuts with their ugly labels, so although it's hard to read, they at least look better than before!)I'm still working on them, but you get the idea!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want some :)

Adorable.

Dean Family said...

I didn't know Christy was serious when she had said 'covering your food storage with fabic', even funnier now!I love you and your creativity :)