Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A few things NOT to count on...

I've learned throughout my short 29 years that there are a few things you should rarely count on. For example:

1- The repair man. Seriously! Does he ever really come during the time slot that was agreed upon?

2- House closing dates/getting the keys on the date they said it would be ready. We are at their mercy, just impatientaly waiting as if we didn't have a lives.

3-The Target clearanced item you've been waiting all season to go on sale for 75% off- Yeah right, they are all gone by 30%-50% off!

and last but not least...

4- Babies coming when doctors assure you they will! (I love my Dr by the way!)I just assumed that because she knew my "girl parts" better than I did, that I could trust every word she said, so after 9 days of walking around with stripped membranes, a lost mucus plug, contractions and almost dialated to a 5, there is still no baby! No problem normally, but don't say we're going to have a baby in a few days if we're NOT going to have a baby! Last week was one of the top 5 longest weeks of my life (right next to : #1- the week before I got married, #2- the week before I gave birth to Tristin #3- the week before I gave birth to Daisy & #4- the week before I gave birth to Grace!)

So... for the 5 of you who actually read/check my blog, we are still waiting for the baby, but out wait is almost over. She'll be here in 48 hours for sure! (Thursday mornig at 7:30 we'll be induced!) When I saw my Dr. yesterday, she just stood there checking my cervix stunned, saying, "I just don't know why you haven't had this baby yet, I still think you'll go before Thursday." All I was thinking at that moment, was "Please get out of my cervix now and let me sit up" (it's a good thing I even made yesterday's appointment. She told me not to even make it because we would have a baby before then!)

So... there's the scoop. Hopefully I'll be home Friday with our stubborn little bundle of joy and I can get pictures up to show you!

7 comments:

tvcadurfee said...

lol good luck! i hope she comes quickly when she decides to come!

Nicole said...

Nothing like waiting for a baby is there!!! Sorry, it sounds like you've been trying hard, one thing that worked for me just the day before my scheduled induction was sitting on one of those big exercise balls and bouncing. Just to let gravity help out a little ;) I can't wait to see the little one I've been checking your blog a couple times a day for updates - good luck!!!

Amber said...

i was hoping to see some baby pictures when i checked this....i'm sure you are more bummed than i am. good luck...thinking of you :)

Keith and Jessie said...

I hope you don't get this comment and that you are in the hospital right now having that baby!!! Can't wait for pictures.

Dean Family said...

looks like i'm friend #5...glad i got to see you today, one last time with the belly. good luck Thursday....can't wait to see her! :)

jen said...

Good luck Emily! I can't wait to see her!

Will and Ellen Pecchia said...

congratulations!!! We've been praying for your whole family. So glad Willow is here and you are both ok. -ellen