Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to me... our 2nd family noodle bath!!













Every year on my birthday, all I want to do is take a "noodle bath" with the kids! All year long they talk about it and ask when we'll do it again, and evey time I reply, "On my birthday!" So about 2 weeks before the blessed event, I go to Costco and buy a ginormous case of Top Ramen and smile all the way to the check out line because the silly people think I'm actually buying it to eat it! HA! Oh no, not in our crazy family. Once a year, all 5 of us jump into a bath full of noodles and think it's the coolest thing on the planet! And actually, for those 5 minutes that I'm in it, it is! It is the weirdest, most bizarre feeling ever, but it's so awesome I can't even explain it. If you didn't see/read last years post of our noodle bath- it all started way back in 1999 when I was in college. The night before the semister ended, my wild roomates & I took a noodle bath. (That was the year Patch Adams came out and the old lady in the movie wanted a swimming pool full of noodles, remember??) So that's where we came up with the idea. Who knew, though, that 10 years later, I'd still be doing it! It's actually only our 2nd year, but it's tradition now, so, when I'm 90, I hope the kids still think it's cool to swim around in a tiny tub with their insain mother!
(And yes, as you can imagine, 50 packs of noodles makes a GINORMOUS mess, but it's worth it when I see the smiles on my beautiful babies!)


3 comments:

Erickson Family said...

AWESOME! I'd love to try that sometime, only I'd be thinking the whole time what a waste of the noodles it would be!!! LOL I need to release some inhabitions and go for it! ha ha ha

Unknown said...

I love this. SHEER BLISS!!! Gracie checkin down her undies KILLS me!

Christine said...

You are the craziest, cool mom ever! Way to have fun! ;) Someday I hope I try it too!