Thursday, October 23, 2008

Canning up date...

Like you all know, this was my first year canning, and I FELL IN LOVE! It was so much fun. I loved every part of it: going to the orchard to pick the fruit, canning with friends, canning by myself until midnight, teaching a class to the ladies at church- it was all great. Thank you Michelle & Tam for helping me get started!! I canned 400 jars this Summer and I can tell you I am actually very tired now. Over 100 jars were with/for other people, so I must admit, I have a pretty nice amount! It was really addictive, and I loved it (except for the mess in the kitchen)
This Summer I was able to do: corn, peaches, pears, applesause and then I still have onions and potatoes to work with! It was a great Summer, now I can't wait for next year!

No comments: